Bronx Bus Accident Lawyer
A bus accident in the Bronx and surrounding areas can change your life forever. Depending on the accident’s severity, you may face various injuries and complications, including post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), lacerations, amputations, brain injuries, broken bones, and whiplash. You may also lose the ability to work and live independently.
Our experienced Bronx personal injury attorneys can help you get the justice you deserve. Headed by Samuel Meirowitz and Daniel Wasserberg, our law firm seeks to provide the best possible customer and legal service to bus accident victims in the Bronx area. We handle cases in both federal and state courts across the U.S., including cases involving complicated multi-district litigation.
Interested in learning more about how Meirowitz & Wasserberg can help you? Call our Bronx office at 844-446-9529. Alternatively, you can request a free, no-obligation case evaluation by completing this online form.
- Why Choose Meirowitz & Wasserberg, LLP for Your Bronx Bus Accident Case
- How Can a Bus Accident Attorney Help Victims?
- Types of Bus Accident Cases We Handle in the Bronx
- Common Catastrophic Injuries From Bus Accidents
- How Much Can I Receive in Damages From My Bus Accident Injuries?
- What Is the Statute of Limitations for a Bus Accident Claim?
- Who Is Liable for My Bronx Bus Accident?
- What To Do After a Bronx Bus Accident
- Bus Accident Statistics in the Bronx
- What Is the Cost of Hiring a Bus Accident Attorney?
- Our Experienced Bronx Bus Lawyers Are Ready to Fight for You
- Our NYC Personal Injury Attorneys
Why Choose Meirowitz & Wasserberg, LLP for Your Bronx Bus Accident Case
Experienced, reliable, and compassionate, Meirowitz & Wasserberg is a leading personal injury law firm in the Bronx, New York. Both of the law firm’s founders, Sam and Dan, have been selected for inclusion in the Super Lawyers Rising Stars.
Additionally, Sam is ranked among the Top 100 Trial Lawyers by The National Trial Lawyers. He has a reputation for being an aggressive and skilled trial lawyer with a prosecutor’s ability to win cases. Meanwhile, Daniel has a national reputation among the defense bar and plaintiffs as a driven and compassionate attorney who consistently and reliably delivers first-rate results.
If you or a loved one needs help recovering after an accident in the Bronx, contact Meirowitz & Wasserberg, LLP. We provide free, no-obligation evaluations and offer contingency fee arrangements. In other words, you don’t have to pay anything unless we secure a successful recovery.
Call our Bronx office today to talk to our dedicated trial lawyers, or use our online contact form.
How Can a Bus Accident Attorney Help Victims?
Bus accident attorneys can help bus accident victims put their lives back together by accelerating processes that will give them adequate compensation. Specifically, your bus accident lawyers will:
- Determine who or what caused the accident. First, a skilled Bronx bus accident attorney will determine who or what caused the bus accident and why it was their fault.
- Determine losses. Next, the attorney will identify the lost wages, medical expenses, and property damage you suffered due to the bus accident.
- Gather evidence. Your attorney will then help you gather evidence to support your claims, such as photographs, witness statements, and medical reports.
- Determine compensation. Your bus accident lawyer will negotiate with the other side(s) to get you the compensation you deserve.
- Help you navigate the settlement process. Settlement can be lengthy, confusing, and daunting. Accordingly, your catastrophic injury lawyer will walk you through these processes and ensure that your claim is handled efficiently, effectively, and fairly.
Types of Bus Accident Cases We Handle in the Bronx
Meirowitz & Wasserberg, LLP handles many types of bus accidents in the Bronx, including:
- Illegal passing cases
- Bus-bus crashes
- Bus-car accidents
- Bus-pedestrian crashes
- Bus-motorcycle collisions
- School bus crashes involving children
- Bus crashes involving bus malfunctions
We have also dealt with the following types of bus accidents:
- Public transit bus accidents: Many Bronx communities depend on public transit to get to work and school. If you or a loved one have been injured by a public transit bus, you may be able to file a lawsuit against the government organization(s) responsible for public transit systems.
- Private, charter, and commercial bus accidents: These buses offer transportation for private tours, private parties, casino trips, and other activities. If you’ve been hurt by a private, charter, or commercial bus, you can sue the drivers, companies, and bus owners for compensation.
- School bus accidents: School buses take children from home to school and school to home. Unfortunately, school bus drivers don’t always take proper precautions, leading to accidents.
- Freight bus accidents: These buses are mainly used for transporting cargo. When overloaded, freight buses can be difficult for drivers to stop, leading to severe accidents.
Common Catastrophic Injuries From Bus Accidents
Bus accidents can cause a range of catastrophic injuries, including:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones
- Internal bleeding
- Severe skin burns
- Brain injuries
- Herniated disks
- Torn and sprained ligaments
How Much Can I Receive in Damages From My Bus Accident Injuries?
The amount of damages you can receive depends on the specific details of the accident and the severity of your injuries. To learn more about how much compensation you may be eligible for, book a free consultation with Meirowitz & Wasserberg’s skilled Bronx bus accident lawyers.
What Is the Statute of Limitations for a Bus Accident Claim?
In New York, victims of Bronx bus accidents have three years from the date of the injury to file a bus claim. This timeframe is called the statute of limitations. After the statute of limitation expires, you will no longer have the right to file a lawsuit for your accident. As such, you must contact a knowledgeable Bronx bus accident lawyer as soon as possible.
Who Is Liable for My Bronx Bus Accident?
Depending on your case, several parties may be responsible for your Bronx bus accident. These include:
- Drivers and maintenance crews
- Bus companies
- Employers of schools systems, common carriers, and independent transportation companies
- Maintenance contractors
- Bus owners
- Bus manufacturers
- Lessors, owners, and other parties who fail to transfer their liability to other parties
What To Do After a Bronx Bus Accident
Being caught in a bus accident is traumatic, confusing, and shocking. However, what you do in the next few hours, days, weeks, and months is vital to your legal interests. If you don’t follow certain steps, you won’t be able to get full and fair compensation for your losses.
Here’s what you need to do after a Bronx bus accident:
- Get medical care. Many bus accident injuries can be life-altering and even fatal. As a result, if you have been in a bus accident, you must immediately get medical help, even if you feel alright. Many catastrophic injuries take days or weeks to manifest.
- Partner with a Bronx bus accident lawyer. After getting medical help, reach out to an experienced Bronx bus accident lawyer. The right Bronx bus accident attorney will be able to analyze your case, file your paperwork, and fight for your rights in court.
- Collect and document evidence. If possible, document and collect what happened to you before, during, and after the accident. Take videos and pictures of the vehicles involved and your injuries. You should also get the contact information and names of potential witnesses.
- Let your attorney do the talking. It’s tempting to talk about your case and injuries after the accident. However, statements can easily weaken your claim and decrease the damages you deserve.
Bus Accident Statistics in the Bronx
In 2021, the Bronx had 13,382 traffic accidents. Most of these accidents involved personal vehicles, but 454 involved buses. There were also at least five bus accidents involving two or more buses.
What Is the Cost of Hiring a Bus Accident Attorney?
The cost of hiring a Bronx bus accident attorney depends on the facts of your case and the severity of your injuries. Book a free consultation with Meirowitz & Wasserberg to learn about your options.
Our Experienced Bronx Bus Lawyers Are Ready to Fight for You
Bus accidents can cause severe injuries, including lacerations, PTSD, and brain injuries. Some of these injuries can make it impossible for you to return to work. They can also change your lifestyle and reduce your quality of life.
If you or a loved one have been hurt by a Bronx bus accident, reach out to Sam and Dan at Meirowitz & Wasserberg. Courteous, customer-facing, and aggressive, Sam, Dan, and the rest of the Meirowitz & Wasserberg team will fight tooth and nail to secure the compensation you deserve.
Contact the team at Meirowitz & Wasserberg, LLP today for a free, no-obligation consultation.
Our NYC Personal Injury Attorneys
AVAILABLE 24/7Get Your Free Case Review
Personal Injury Settlements:
Personal injury settlement
Slip and fall injury
Product liability injury
Premises liability injury
Nancy, New York (NY)