- New York
- U.S. District Court (NY Southern)
Associations and Licenses
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- J.D., Emory University School of Law, 2001
- B.S., University of Notre Dame
- $190 million (2013, largest consolidated asbestos verdict in New York history)(5 Plaintiffs with Pleural Mesotheliomas)(Verdict Defendants: Cleaver Brooks, Burnham)
- $75 million (2017, largest verdict ever in New York for single asbestos case)(1 female Peritoneal Mesothelioma)(Verdict Defendants: Dana and Fel Pro)
- $41.625 million (2018, largest asbestos verdict in Delaware history)(1 male Pleural Mesothelioma)(Verdict Defendant: Ford Motor Company)
- $35 million (2013)(1 Pleural Mesothelioma)(Verdict Defendant: Crane Co.)
- $27.4 million (2021) (1 Pleural Mesothelioma)(California Verdict Defendant: Johnson & Johnson)
- $25 million (2014)(2 Pleural Mesotheliomas)(Verdict Defendant: Crane Co.)
- $22 million (2011)(2 Lung Cancers)(Verdict Defendant: Goodyear Tire and Rubber Co./Goodyear Canada)
- $20 million (2017)(1 Pleural Mesothelioma)(NY Verdict Defendant: Crane Co)
- $12.5 million (2014)(3 Pleural Mesotheliomas)(Verdict Defendants: Con Edison, Mario & DiBono Plastering, and Cutler Hammer)
- $12.5 million (2016)(1 Lung Cancer)(Verdict Defendant: Caterpillar Tractor Co.)
- $650,000 (2018)(1 male Pleural Mesothelioma)(Verdict Defendant: Union Carbide
Originally from Youngstown, Ohio, Danny is the son of a steelworker/auto mechanic (Danny Sr.) and elementary school secretary (Cindy). Growing up in the “Steel Valley”, he quickly learned the value of an honest day’s work and that the world wasn’t just going to hand you success — you had to work tirelessly and FIGHT for it! The first member of his immediate family to attend college, he earned a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Notre Dame (The Fighting Irish) in 1996. Realizing that the law would allow him to fight injustice, right the wrongs in our society, and give a voice to the voiceless, Danny decided to become a lawyer. A golf fanatic, the warmer climate of Atlanta, GA drew him to the Emory University School of Law where he graduated in 2001. Danny served as an Assistant District Attorney in Bronx County, N.Y. from September 2001 until June 2008. During his tenure in the Bronx, he prosecuted defendants accused of crimes ranging from theft to murder, all the while amassing an impressive record of convictions at trial.
Danny lives in New York City and has a beautiful, intelligent, witty 15 year old daughter named Caitlyn. Caitlyn serves as Dan’s informal trial consultant (she constantly reminds him that he can’t lose because he represents the sick person), source of motivation, comic relief, and is a constant reminder of how precious life truly is!
Danny has been representing and fighting for victims of asbestos related diseases since July 2008.
Danny was recognized as a 2014 National Trial Lawyers’ “Top 40 Under 40” attorney and frequently puts his extensive courtroom experience to work for men and women who have been exposed to asbestos. His goal at trial is to argue your case in the most compelling way possible, in an effort to persuade a jury to deliver a favorable verdict — or, alternatively, to convince the defendants that they cannot possibly win and that their best hope rests in agreeing to a generous settlement.
In 2011, Danny helped convince a jury to award $22 million in damages from Goodyear Tire and Rubber Co. and Goodyear Canada to two clients who were smokers and developed lung cancer after exposure to asbestos.
In 2013, Danny helped deliver a verdict worth a combined $190 million for five Tri-State Area tradesmen who developed mesothelioma after exposure to asbestos (this was the largest consolidated asbestos verdict in New York history and, for two of the plaintiffs, the $60 million each received represented what was at the time believed to be the largest individual sums ever awarded in a New York asbestos case).
Also in 2013, Danny served on the victorious trial team that obtained $35 million for the family of a deceased New York mesothelioma victim.
In 2014, Danny and his trial-team colleagues convinced a New York jury to award $6 million to the estate of a steamfitter, $3.5 million to the estate of a powerhouse insulator, and $3 million to the estate of an electrician. Throughout the course of this trial, Mr. Kraft amply demonstrated his penchant for effortless slicing and dicing of the arguments raised and the evidence offered by asbestos defendants eager to avoid liability for causing innocent victims to develop mesothelioma.
Danny has had additional multimillion-dollar trial verdicts in California, Delaware, and New York in 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2021 (see below).
If you are the victim of corporate negligence, medical malpractice, or some other wrong, Dan looks forward to fighting for justice for you!