Fort Lauderdale Car Accident Lawyer
Dozens of car accidents resulting in catastrophic and life-changing injuries are reported in and around Fort Lauderdale every day. Our Fort Lauderdale car accident lawyers help crash victims stand up to powerful insurance companies and fight to recover the compensation they deserve after suffering avoidable crashes.
- Why choose Meirowitz & Wasserberg LLP for your auto accident claim?
- Our Car Accident Attorneys in Fort Lauderdale
- How much is my Fort Lauderdale car accident case worth?
- We Handle All Types of Car Accident Cases in Fort Lauderdale
- What causes most Fort Lauderdale car accidents?
- What compensation can I get after a Fort Lauderdale car accident?
- Understanding Liability for a Car Accident in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- How long do I have to file a lawsuit after a Florida car accident?
- Common Car Accident Injuries
- Car Accident Statistics in Fort Lauderdale
- Where do most Fort Lauderdale car accidents happen?
- What should I do after a car accident in Fort Lauderdale?
- Nationally Recognized Fort Lauderdale Car Accident Lawyers Ready to Fight for You
- Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Fort Lauderdale
Don’t struggle with the pain, costs, and consequences of an unexpected car accident in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, on your own. Call Meirowitz & Wasserberg LLP and discover how our experienced Fort Lauderdale personal injury lawyers can help you fight back and achieve the best results in an injury claim.
Our award-winning trial attorneys have dedicated their legal careers to standing up for injury victims and grieving families in Fort Lauderdale and across the nation. We have won tens of millions of dollars in financial awards for our clients in the process.
Don’t settle for less than you deserve or let insurance companies dictate your future. Call Meirowitz & Wasserberg LLP, and discover how we can help you win your car accident case and maximize your financial award. Your first consultation is free, so call our Fort Lauderdale, Florida, car accident law office to get started today.
Why Choose Meirowitz & Wasserberg LLP for Your Florida Auto Accident Claim?
Insurance companies and powerful adversaries will have an advantage from the start. They will be represented by skilled insurance adjusters and defense attorneys and have seemingly endless resources at their disposal.
You don’t just need to level the playing field; you need to put yourself in the best position to win your car accident case. When you choose the Fort Lauderdale personal injury lawyers at Meirowitz & Wasserberg LLP, you will show insurance companies that you are serious about walking away with every cent you deserve.
At Meirowitz & Wasserberg LLP, we work hard to make a meaningful difference in the lives of every client we represent. Our attorneys are passionate about the work we do and have the necessary experience to deliver top results to deserving clients time and again. That is why we are recognized as Super Lawyers and ranked among the Top 100 Trial Lawyers by the National Trial Lawyers.
You will have the opportunity to concentrate on your physical health and emotional well-being while our attorneys:
- Thoroughly investigate the circumstances of your car accident in Fort Lauderdale
- Locate and interview witnesses
- Gather physical evidence from the scene, pictures, video footage, medical records, police reports, and other useful information for building a strong damages claim
- Coordinate our efforts with respected car accident experts and specialists
- Anticipate efforts to shift blame and limit your financial recovery
- Prepare strong arguments to leverage a meaningful settlement offer during negotiations
- Help you make important case-related decisions throughout the claims process
We are tough negotiators and will work hard to secure a settlement that accurately represents the value of your Fort Lauderdale car accident case. We never compromise our integrity or the quality of your legal representation to make a quick deal. We are well-known for winning trials. We won’t hesitate to reject lowball offers and bring your case to a Broward County jury to get the results you deserve.
Contact our law office in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, to learn more about our team and how we can help you get through this trying time. We offer a free consultation, so call our team today.
Our Car Accident Attorneys in Fort Lauderdale
How much is my Fort Lauderdale car accident case worth?
According to the National Safety Council, the average comprehensive cost of a car accident can range anywhere between $160,000 for a possible injury to upward of $1.25 million for a disabling injury.
However, every car accident is different in its own right. Every victim is unique and will walk away from a crash faced with different realities and challenges. As a result, the amount of money awarded in a car accident claim will vary from case to case.
Ultimately, specific factors are relevant when it comes to calculating the value of a car accident injury case:
- How old are you?
- What was your earning capacity before your accident? What is your earning capacity now?
- What types of physical injuries did you suffer in the crash?
- Will you be permanently disabled?
- How has the trauma of being involved in a car accident affected you?
- Are you partly responsible for the crash?
- Has the accident aggravated preexisting medical conditions?
The Fort Lauderdale personal injury attorney you choose to represent you can also affect how much money you are awarded when your car accident case is resolved. You can increase the odds of a meaningful financial recovery by turning to the Meirowitz & Wasserberg LLP team for help.
We have led clients across the nation to tens of millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts, including several million- and multimillion-dollar results. We understand that this is your one opportunity to recover compensation after a crash, and we are invested in making the most of it. Contact our Fort Lauderdale law office to arrange a free case evaluation.
We Handle All Types of Car Accident Cases in Fort Lauderdale
At Meirowitz & Wasserberg LLP, we have extensive experience representing clients who have sustained injuries as a result of:
- Rollover car accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Rear-end collisions
- T-bone accidents
- Single-vehicle accidents
- Multi-vehicle accidents
- Hit-and-run car accidents
- Parking lot accidents
- Highway accidents
- Car and pedestrian accidents
- Car and bicycle accidents
- Car and motorcycle accidents
- Car and truck accidents
- Car and bus accidents
- Rideshare accidents
- Fatal car accidents
You don’t just need an attorney who has handled a few car accident cases. You deserve to work with an attorney with all types of car accident experience so they know the specific approaches and strategies necessary to achieve a successful result. We have handled thousands of car accident claims and helped clients navigate the complexities that arise from all different types of collisions.
What causes most Fort Lauderdale car accidents?
Negligence — or a failure to demonstrate reasonable care — is a leading cause of car accidents in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. In fact, most collisions in Fort Lauderdale are avoidable but happen because someone is careless and makes a mistake.
Specifically, some of the primary causes of Fort Lauderdale car accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Drowsy driving
- Failing to yield the right-of-way
- Rolling stops
- Running red lights and stop signs
- Unsafe or illegal turns
- Illegal passing
- Road rage
- Negligent vehicle maintenance
Other contributing factors include vehicle defects, negligent hiring, bad weather conditions, limited visibility, and road construction.
What compensation can I get after a Fort Lauderdale car accident?
Insurance will be your primary source of compensation after getting into a car accident in Fort Lauderdale. Since Florida is a no-fault state, you will need to file a claim with your own insurance company for personal injury protection benefits.
Generally speaking, personal injury protection benefits in Florida cover 80 percent of medical bills up to $10,000 and 60 percent of lost wages after a car accident.
If your injuries are severe and your damages exceed your policy limits, you can pursue additional compensation through a third-party insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit.
In a third-party claim, you are entitled to seek compensatory damages for your financial losses and the pain and suffering you experience. These are known as economic damages and noneconomic damages, respectively. Commonly awarded compensatory damages include money for:
- Medical treatment (present and future)
- Rehabilitation and therapy
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of consortium
- Lost income and wages
- Lost job opportunities and benefits
- Nursing assistance
- Property damage
- Emotional distress
- Chronic physical pain
Punitive damages can also be awarded in a car accident lawsuit, but only in situations when it is clear that the defendant engaged in intentionally harmful or grossly negligent conduct.
Meirowitz & Wasserberg LLP will work closely with medical professionals, financial experts, vocational rehabilitation specialists, and other experts throughout the claims process. We will utilize their professional insight to get to the core of your experience and understand its impact on your life. The more we understand, the better prepared we will be to leverage a meaningful financial award.
Understanding Liability for a Car Accident in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Under Florida state law, liability (or financial responsibility) is shared by anyone who contributes to a car accident. It doesn’t matter if they were physically involved in the crash or not. If they played a role in causing an accident, they could be on the hook for resulting damages.
Depending on the specific circumstances of your car accident, potentially liable parties might include:
- Drivers of other motor vehicles
- Uber or Lyft drivers
- Truck drivers
- Employers of negligent parties
- Property owners
- Vehicle manufacturers
- Government agencies, including those operated by the state of Florida, Broward County, or the city of Fort Lauderdale
Our car accident attorneys will carefully examine the facts of your case to determine why it happened and, in turn, who can be held legally accountable for your losses. Once liability is clear, we will work night and day to get the financial accountability you deserve.
Can I recover compensation if I’m blamed for a car accident in Fort Lauderdale, Florida?
Yes. However, your financial award will be directly linked to your contribution to the accident. The more fault you share, the less money you will be awarded in a settlement or jury verdict. Because Florida has pure comparative fault rules, damages are reduced based on fault.
Let’s say you are assigned 50 percent responsibility for a crash in Fort Lauderdale. Your financial award will be cut in half to reflect that. If your case is worth $100,000, you can recover $50,000 when it is resolved.
Don’t underestimate the willingness of insurance companies and at-fault parties to point the finger and blame victims. It is an all-too-common tactic that can seriously hurt your ability to recover all the necessary money to move forward. After all, the more liability you share, the less the insurer will have to pay for your injuries and suffering.
Our car accident attorneys in Fort Lauderdale are ready to defend you at every turn. We are all too familiar with these manipulative strategies and will anticipate allegations of blame before they occur. We will demand hard evidence to back these claims and work hard to limit how much (if any) liability you are assigned.
How long do I have to file a lawsuit after a Florida car accident?
The statute of limitations in Florida for most car accident lawsuits is four years. Once the fourth anniversary of your crash passes, you will lose the opportunity to file a claim and assert your rights.
If you lost a family member in a fatal Fort Lauderdale car accident, you have two years to bring a wrongful death action.
Don’t miss out on the compensation you deserve. Call Meirowitz & Wasserberg LLP for immediate assistance after a crash. We can get a jumpstart on your case as soon as you ask for our help.
Common Car Accident Injuries
At Meirowitz & Wasserberg LLP, we represent Fort Lauderdale car accident victims who have sustained:
- Neck injury
- Back injury
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Eye injury
- Dental injury
- Joint injury
- Nerve damage
- Crushing injury
- Chest injury
- Catastrophic injury
- Soft tissue damage
- Wrongful death of a family member
Contact our legal team in Fort Lauderdale for immediate assistance with your car accident claim. We can help you assert your legal rights and fight to get the compensation you need to recover from your devastating injuries.
Car Accident Statistics in Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale, home to more than 181,000 people, is the tenth-largest city in the Sunshine State. It is also one of the most popular tourist destinations in the state, bringing in about 12 million visitors annually. Tourism can put quite a strain on Fort Lauderdale’s already bustling roads and highways. In turn, traffic accidents are quite common in and around the city.
Where do most Fort Lauderdale car accidents happen?
While car accidents can happen anywhere in the bustling seaside town of Fort Lauderdale, some of the area’s most dangerous roads and intersections include:
- Sunrise Blvd. and US-1
- Oakland Park Blvd. and US-1
- Commercial Blvd. and US-1
- Northeast 2nd Street
- Southeast 2nd Street
- Andrews Ave.
- Atlantic Blvd.
- A1A and Las Olas Blvd.
Interstates and highways that run through Fort Lauderdale are particularly dangerous. In fact, the part of I-95 that stretches between I-595 and State Road 84 in Fort Lauderdale is considered the deadliest mile in America.
What should I do after a car accident in Fort Lauderdale?
Some simple actions can keep you safe and support a future claim for damages after a crash:
- Stay at the scene of the accident. Exchange insurance and personal information with other parties.
- Document the accident. Take some pictures of the scene, property damage, physical injuries, and your clothing. Record a quick video too.
- Remain calm and call for help. Call 911 or the Fort Lauderdale Police Department to report your accident. An officer and emergency medical professionals can be dispatched to the scene to provide support.
- Don’t accept fault. Don’t apologize or accept responsibility for an accident — even if you think it is your fault. Your kind words can be taken out of context and used against you down the line.
- Seek medical attention. Get to the closest emergency room in Fort Lauderdale if you are not immediately transported by an ambulance. You want to limit the time between the crash and when you seek medical care. Prompt attention is critical to limit complications, reduce the risk of death, and formally document the trauma you experienced.
- Direct communication to your attorney. You can answer some of the insurance adjuster’s preliminary questions, but direct anything of substance to your car accident attorney.
After your car accident, take a moment to reach out to our compassionate legal team in Fort Lauderdale. We are always available to answer your questions and provide the support you need — morning, noon, and night.
Nationally Recognized Fort Lauderdale Car Accident Lawyers Ready to Fight for You
At Meirowitz & Wasserberg LLP, our Fort Lauderdale car accident lawyers have decades of experience handling tough injury claims like yours. We have won tens of millions of dollars for our clients and are ready to help you fight to get the results you deserve.
We work on contingency, so there is no cost to hire our Fort Lauderdale personal injury law firm unless we win your car accident case. Contact us to learn more about your legal rights and options, and let us support you through this difficult time. Your initial case evaluation is absolutely free.
Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Fort Lauderdale
AVAILABLE 24/7Get Your Free Case Review
Personal injury settlement
Slip and fall injury
Product liability injury
Premises liability injury
Nancy, New York (NY)