How a New Jersey Workers' Compensation Lawyer Can Help with Your Case
Being injured at work can be a scary and overwhelming experience. Your injuries may prevent you from returning to work while your medical bills pile up. At Meirowitz & Wasserberg, we understand how work injuries can impact your life and your family. Hiring our New Jersey workers’ compensation lawyer will help you get the full benefits you deserve. We can help you navigate the legal process. Contact our office to schedule an appointment.
- Choosing the Right New Jersey Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
- Legal Expertise in N.J. Workers’ Compensation Cases
- Understanding New Jersey Workers’ Compensation Laws
- Comprehensive Support for Workers’ Compensation Victims
- Newark, N.J., Office Information
- Our New Jersey Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Can Help You Recover Benefits
Filing a workers’ compensation claim is different from a personal injury claim. The nuances of these cases make it necessary to work with an experienced and skilled New Jersey workers’ compensation lawyer. Hiring a knowledgeable attorney gives you the help you need to navigate the legal process and recover the benefits you’re owed.
Besides offering guidance, your attorney can investigate your injury, analyze your case, determine how much compensation you deserve, and protect you from mistakes that could impact your right to benefits.
Your employer and its insurer will have seasoned attorneys and adjusters working to limit the amount they have to pay. Level the playing field by hiring a New Jersey Workers’ Compensation Lawyer from Meirowitz & Wasserberg. We know insurance companies’ tactics and have the strategies to counter them successfully.
At Meirowitz & Wasserberg, our New Jersey workers’ comp lawyers are ready to help you understand your rights.
Choosing the Right New Jersey Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
The workers’ compensation claims process can seem daunting. Because of the complexities you encounter, finding the right New Jersey workers’ comp attorney is necessary. Regardless of whether you are injured while working on a construction site, at a factory, in an office, or in any other setting, a lawyer can ensure you get the maximum benefits available to you.
Factors to Consider When Selecting an Attorney
Selecting the right attorney is essential to acquire the justice and compensation you deserve. When you begin searching for legal assistance, look for the following:
- Expertise in workers’ compensation law: Workers’ compensation has its own set of laws, regulations, and procedures. You need a lawyer specializing in workers’ compensation who knows how to navigate the New Jersey system.
- Experience: A lawyer with a long history of handling workers’ compensation cases—both in and out of court—will ensure you have the highest quality representation.
- Personalized attention: Choose a lawyer who offers personalized attention and will listen to your needs with understanding and empathy.
- Proven results: A proven track record of successful case resolutions speaks volumes about a lawyer’s competence and skill.
- Client reviews: Consider other clients’ experiences to gauge the lawyer’s credibility.
- Fees: Understand the fee structure beforehand to avoid any surprises later. The lawyers at Meirowitz & Wasserberg work on a contingency basis. We don’t get paid unless and until you get compensation.
Choosing Meirowitz & Wasserberg means you have access to an experienced and knowledgeable New Jersey workers’ comp lawyer.
You can feel confident we will equip you with the necessary information and resources to make informed decisions throughout the legal process. If you have suffered an injury on the job in New Jersey, contact our Newark office. Let us help you seek the justice and workers’ compensation benefits you are owed.
Legal Expertise in N.J. Workers’ Compensation Cases
At Meirowitz & Wasserberg, you have access to a team of attorneys who have helped injured clients recover over $300 million in damages and compensation. These results demonstrate our dedication to those injured by others’ negligence or unsafe work conditions.
With decades of combined experience, you can count on our attorneys and entire legal staff to give your case the attention and time it deserves.
Understanding New Jersey Workers’ Compensation Laws
Understanding New Jersey workers’ compensation laws is necessary for employers and employees. Unfortunately, the jargon used in these laws can be confusing. At Meirowitz & Wasserberg, we confirm our clients fully understand their rights and how to protect themselves. We prioritize educating clients about New Jersey laws and their rights.
Relevance of New Jersey Workers’ Comp Laws in Accident Cases
In New Jersey, workers’ compensation laws protect employees injured or sickened by work-related activities.
New Jersey requires all employers to carry workers’ compensation insurance, and the state follows a “no-fault” rule for workers’ compensation claims.
New Jersey workers’ compensation laws ensure that employees injured at work receive benefits without having to prove their employers’ negligence. Even if injured workers cause their own injuries, they can still collect workers’ compensation benefits.
However, this also means that employees generally cannot sue their employers for work-related injuries.
New Jersey Workers' Compensation Laws Explained
New Jersey Statutes Title 34 Labor and Workers’ Compensation is the Garden State’s workers’ compensation law. Some critical aspects include the following:
- Report the injury: Workers must immediately report any work-related injury or illness to their employer. The employer is then responsible for filing a workers’ compensation claim on behalf of the employee.
- Medical benefits: Injured employees are entitled to receive necessary and reasonable medical treatment covered under workers’ compensation.
- Temporary total disability benefits: Employees who cannot work for more than seven days may be eligible for temporary total disability benefits, which generally cover 70 percent of their average weekly wage.
- Permanent partial benefits: If an employee sustains a permanent disability but can still work, they might be eligible for permanent partial benefits.
How Meirowitz & Wasserberg Navigate These Laws for Clients
At Meirowitz & Wasserberg, we have decades of experience navigating the intricacies of New Jersey workers’ compensation laws. Our team assists clients by providing the following services:
- Help with the claim process: We help prepare and file your claims to ensure a smooth process.
- Negotiating settlements: Our experienced lawyers are skilled at negotiating fair settlements to secure the best possible outcome for you.
- Representation at hearings: If necessary, we represent you and fight for your rights.
- Guidance and advice: We offer a consultative approach, providing advice based on New Jersey workers’ compensation laws.
By choosing Meirowitz & Wasserberg, you choose a partner who stands by you at each step to protect your rights. You can count on them to leverage their experience to help you secure the compensation you deserve.
Comprehensive Support for Workers' Compensation Victims
In the challenging times following a work-related injury or illness, victims need a support system beyond legal assistance. Meirowitz & Wasserberg offer comprehensive support to workers’ compensation victims, emphasizing their commitment to helping clients recover physically and financially.
At Meirowitz & Wasserberg, we proudly offer victims of workplace injuries customized legal guidance. Our understanding of workers’ compensation laws in New Jersey helps us protect our client’s rights while ensuring they receive the treatment needed to move toward recovery.
Understanding that physical recovery is essential during the recovery period after a workplace injury, our legal team at Meirowitz & Wasserberg extends its support to aid in the physical recovery of their clients. We will help you find the medical treatment and services you need to recover.
The financial toll of recovering from a work-related injury can be monumental. We work tirelessly to see that work injury victims recover the full benefits they are entitled to.
We understand the impact of a workplace injury. We treat our clients with empathy and understanding as they process and move forward after the emotional and physical trauma accompanying these incidents. We are a pillar of support, providing not just legal but emotional counsel and looking after the well-being of our clients.
Newark, N.J., Office Information
You can find our office near Mo Crane Highway and the Essex Freeway if you work in or around Newark, New Jersey. We are just a few blocks from the Newark Museum of Art and Rutgers University – Newark Campus.
You can easily reach our office by public transportation, including a short train ride from New York City. Our office address is 201 Washington Street, 2nd FL, Newark, NJ 07102. Call us at (908) 998-2000 for further instructions.
Our New Jersey Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Can Help You Recover Benefits
After a workplace accident or illness, the guidance and support of an experienced New Jersey workers’ comp lawyer is invaluable. At Meirowitz & Wasserberg, you can count on our legal team to proactively approach your case and help you recover the benefits you deserve.
We understand the laws related to work injury cases and can use this to help you navigate the legal process. You can count on our team to prioritize each client’s physical and financial recovery. Contact our Newark office at (908) 998-2000 to get started protecting your rights to benefits.
Our New Jersey Personal Injury Attorneys
AVAILABLE 24/7Get Your Free Case Review
Personal Injury Settlements:
Personal injury settlement
Slip and fall injury
Product liability injury
Premises liability injury
New Jersey Office
Nancy, New York (NY)