New York Playground Accident Attorney
Sometimes, playground “accidents” aren’t accidents at all. They are incidents that arise from the negligence or recklessness of others. While bumps and bruises may be normal results of childhood play, more serious harms like broken bones or concussions deserve closer attention. If your child recently sustained a major injury while on a playground, consider speaking to a lawyer. An investigation may unearth a form of negligence that led to your child’s harms. The New York City playground accident attorneys at Meirowitz & Wasserberg, LLP want to help you secure fair compensation for your child’s injuries in New York City.
Types of Negligence That Could Lead to Playground Injuries
The last thing our law firm wants to hear about from you is your child’s injuries. No child should have to suffer physical pain or emotional suffering because of another person’s negligence. Unfortunately, children are too often the victims in personal injury incidents in NYC. Playgrounds should be safe and comfortable places for kids to enjoy, not hazardous premises that threaten their health. There are a few factors that could create a dangerous environment through acts of negligence. These include:
- Lack of maintenance. Playgrounds require regular maintenance to stay safe for children. Rusty equipment, broken parts, and unsafe conditions such as sharp sticks on the ground can lead to unnecessary injuries.
- Improper supervision. If child injuries arise from lack of supervision, you may have a claim against the individual or company. Supervisors must watch children at all times to prevent injuries from unsafe use of equipment or from other children.
- Unsafe property. A property element such as a body of water, lack of fencing, exposed roots, or chemicals can lead to injuries while a child plays on the playground. These issues would likely come down to property owner liability.
- Defective and dangerous playground equipment. Sometimes injuries occur due to defects with the playground equipment. The manufacturer or distributor may be responsible for your child’s injuries in this case.
- Poorly built playground structures. Playground injuries can occur on private properties when the owner fails to put the equipment together correctly. Issues with the structure collapsing, elements pinching fingers, or ground material being too hard to prevent injuries in falls can lead to property owner liability.
Pursuing compensation starts with determining the cause of your child’s injuries and fault for the incident. Proving these elements may require an investigation, photographs of the playground, interviews with witnesses, and other means. An experienced law firm can make bringing your case easier on you and your family during this difficult time. You don’t have to go up against someone for an unsafe playground alone.
Protect Your Child’s Rights with a NYC Personal Injury Attorney
If your child’s injuries occurred at a private school, daycare, or public playground, come to our law firm for a free consultation. You may have grounds to sue the facility, municipality, or individual in charge of maintaining a safe environment or supervising your child during playtime. Bringing a lawsuit can lead to compensation for your child’s medical bills, pain and suffering, lost enjoyment of life, and other damages. Call (833) SAM-N-DAN to speak with someone about a recent playground accident today.