NYC Class Actions Attorney
It does not matter where you live in the United States, whether it is New York City, Houston, or Los Angeles, if you have experienced personal injury or financial loss, you may have the opportunity to join a class action. Before you decide to file or join a class action, it is important to speak with experienced legal counsel about your options. Meirowitz & Wasserberg can help you determine if you should become part of a class action. Contact us today to learn more about your legal options for filing or joining a class action lawsuit.
It does not matter if it is a company we have never heard of, or one of the largest corporations in the country, our goal is to prosecute a civil action to the best of our abilities in order to get the entire class the best possible result. False advertising fraudulently inducing customers to buy products, bait and switch marketing, manipulative bookkeeping, unconscionable pricing, and charging for services never provided are some of the many deceptive practices modern corporations use to defraud consumers of their hard earned wages.
These deceptive business practices distort markets because dishonest businesses gain an unfair advantage over their ethical competitors. State and federal laws provide consumers with broad protection from unfair and illegal business practices. We enforce those laws for our clients.
Meirowitz & Wasserberg advises consumers when to pursue legal action in response to the deceptive practices of large corporations. Our New York City class action lawyers protect our clients’ interests and help them achieve their goals by litigating highly-complex consumer protection lawsuits against those that have defrauded consumers.
Common Class Action Cases
Below are some of the types of class actions routinely filed in United States Courts:
- When a product is determined to be defective. The product may be a medical device that hurts patients, a dangerous toy, a drug with unexpected side effects, or a vehicle that has malfunctioning parts.
- When food products are tainted and people are sickened, or when food labeling rules are violated.
- When the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) is violated and consumers are disturbed by illegal telephone solicitation practices.
- When the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA) is violated and your credit information is misused by consumer reporting agencies.
- When the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) is violated and debt collectors treat you abusively.
- When a data breach occurs and your identifying information is compromised.
- When a privacy breach occurs and your information is improperly shared.
- When a seller fraudulently induces customers to buy their products using false advertisements or some other form of inaccurate solicitation.
These and other types of situations give rise to class action litigation because many people suffer a similar type of harm by the same entity. After a class action lawsuit is filed, it must be certified by the court once the attorneys demonstrate that the plaintiffs have all been wronged in a substantially similar way. Victims can join the class, and one big case moves forward against a defendant responsible for causing damage, instead of many thousands of plaintiffs each filing their own lawsuit.
Only a small group of lead plaintiffs in a class action come to a trial where liability of the manufacturer is decided. However, many times even the plaintiffs who are named in the class action and who brought the case in the first place do not even have to go court because the manufacturer or company who is alleged to have done wrong is willing to settle. A settlement involves the manufacturer agreeing to compensate all victims a set amount of money based on the damages they have endured. The settlement must be approved by the court.
Should You Become Part of a Class Action in New York City?
While class actions have advantages, they may or may not be the right choice for you in a certain situation. Our class action attorneys can assist you in deciding on the best way to obtain compensation for your losses after you have experienced harm. Call Meirowitz & Wasserberg toll free today to learn more: (833) SAM-N-DAN (833-726-6326).