NY Bone Fracture & Broken Bone Construction Accident Lawyer
In New York City’s construction industry, accidents can happen in an instant, leaving victims grappling with pain, medical bills, and uncertainty. Our bone fracture accident lawyer at Meirowitz & Wasserberg, LLP, can provide support for those dealing with the aftermath of these accidents. We are committed to relentless advocacy and guide victims through the legal process to protect their rights. With assistance from our law firm, victims could secure the compensation and justice they rightfully deserve.
- Role of Meirowitz & Wasserberg in New York Bone Fracture Accident Cases
- The Importance of Seeking Legal Representation After a Bone Fracture Accident in NY
- Steps To Take After an NYC Bone Fracture Construction Accident
- Exploring Damages in Bone Fracture Construction Cases
- Statute of Limitations in NYC Bone Fracture Construction Accidents
- Common Causes of Bone Fracture Construction Accidents in New York City
- Preventing Bone Fracture Construction Accidents in New York City
- Reach Out to Our NYC Bone Fracture Accident Lawyers
- FAQs About NYC Bone Fracture Construction Accidents
A bone fracture caused by negligence or hazardous conditions at a construction site demands accountability and compensation. Victims may find themselves with not only a fractured bone but also mounting medical bills, lost wages, and long-term repercussions from the accident.
At Meirowitz & Wasserberg, LLP, we support individuals grappling with the aftermath of these accidents in New York City. Our dedicated NYC bone fracture attorneys and knowledgeable legal team are poised to provide legal guidance, unwavering assistance, and vigorous advocacy tailored to your case. When you want answers to your legal concerns, contact the team at Meirowitz & Wasserberg.
Role of Meirowitz & Wasserberg in New York Bone Fracture Accident Cases
When you need a legal advocate for your case, reach out to the team at Meirowitz & Wasserberg. In cases of bone fractures, our personal injury attorneys will advocate for your rights and interests. We will do the following:
- Investigate the injury’s circumstances.
- Gather evidence.
- Consult with medical professionals.
- Build a strong case against the responsible party, whether it be an individual, company, or organization.
- Help secure compensation for your physical, emotional, and financial damages.
Our effective representation strategies have enabled us to recover millions of dollars in compensation for our clients over the years. If you want to learn how we have helped other clients, read our case results.
Additionally, our law firm works on a contingency fee basis, meaning you will only pay legal fees if we win your claim.
When you work with the team at Meirowitz & Wasserberg, we allow you to level the playing field and pursue the maximum possible compensation for your bone fracture injury claim.
The Importance of Seeking Legal Representation After a Bone Fracture Accident in NY
Seeking legal representation becomes not just an option but a vital step toward securing your rights and future well-being. In the aftermath of an accident, insurance companies and opposing parties may attempt to minimize your claim or offer settlements that do not adequately address your needs. Skilled bone fracture lawyers well-versed in personal injury law can negotiate on your behalf, ensuring you receive fair compensation for medical expenses, pain, suffering, and other damages.
Recovering from a bone fracture accident can be physically and emotionally draining. Dealing with the legal process on top of that can cause more stress. By finding the right representation, you can focus on your recovery while your bone accident lawyers handle your case.
Steps To Take After an NYC Bone Fracture Construction Accident
There are a few steps to consider taking after experiencing a bone fracture construction accident in New York City:
- Seek medical attention: Even if the injury seems minor, you will want to have a professional assess and document the extent of the damage. Keep all the treatment records as you seek medical care for the injuries.
- Report the accident: After any incident, notify your supervisor or employer about the accident as soon as possible. You will want to make sure that they create an official accident report. This documentation establishes a record of the incident, which is vital for your claim.
- Gather evidence: If possible, collect evidence from the accident scene. Photographic evidence of your injuries, the accident site, and the equipment may help to prove your claims. Also, obtain contact information from witnesses who saw the accident.
- Consult an attorney: Contact a skilled injury attorney experienced in construction accident cases. They can evaluate the circumstances of your case, determine liability, and guide you on the legal steps to take.
- Avoid making statements: Unless directed by your attorney, refrain from discussing the accident or your injuries with anyone. Insurance adjusters or representatives from the construction company may try to collect statements to use against you.
- Start the claims process: Your attorney will guide you through filing a workers’ compensation claim or a personal injury lawsuit. They will ensure all necessary documents are submitted within the required timelines.
In the aftermath of a bone fracture construction accident in NYC, these steps are vital to protect your rights, secure compensation, and work toward your physical and financial recovery.
Exploring Damages in Bone Fracture Construction Cases
Understanding the potential damages that can be pursued in these cases is essential for seeking rightful compensation.
The recoverable damages depend on the type of claim you pursue and the type of claim you file. If you were injured on the job, you must likely file a workers’ compensation claim. You can seek medical benefits and wage replacement for lost time from work. However, in a workers’ compensation case, you cannot seek non-economic damages like emotional distress and pain and suffering.
However, in some cases, you may need to file personal injury lawsuits against negligent contractors, manufacturers of defective products, property owners, or other responsible third parties. Depending on the nature of your injury and the type of claim you have, you may be entitled to various damages, including the following:
- Medical expenses may be related to emergency care, hospitalization, surgery, doctor’s visits, diagnostic tests, medications, physical therapy, and rehabilitation.
- Pain and suffering can manifest as anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, and other psychological challenges. Victims can seek compensation for these non-economic damages in their cases.
- If the bone fracture leads to time away from work, victims can seek compensation for lost wages and income, including current and future earnings.
- Compensation for disability and impairment considers the impact on daily life and future opportunities.
- If a bone fracture adversely affects personal relationships and companionship, spouses or family members may seek compensation for loss of consortium.
- You may pursue compensation if personal property, such as clothing or personal items, is damaged during the accident.
- In cases where negligence or intentional misconduct is evident, the courts may levy punitive damages. These damages are designed to punish the responsible party and deter similar behavior in the future.
Statute of Limitations in NYC Bone Fracture Construction Accidents
In New York City, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims, including bone fracture construction accidents, is three years from the accident date. The statute of limitations for wrongful death claims resulting from a bone fracture construction accident is two years from the date of the individual’s death. However, there can be exceptions and variations to these limitations based on specific circumstances.
Common Causes of Bone Fracture Construction Accidents in New York City
Bone fracture construction accidents in New York City can happen due to a range of causes, including the following:
- Falls from heights
- Objects striking the victim
- Machinery accidents
- Collapses and structural failures
Preventing Bone Fracture Construction Accidents in New York City
Preventing these accidents requires a focus on the following:
- Rigorous training
- Proper fall protection
- Usage of adequate personal protective equipment
- Preventive equipment inspection and maintenance
- Regular safety meetings
- Continuous education and review of safety standards
By prioritizing these measures, construction sites can minimize the risks associated with bone fractures, ensuring the well-being of workers and maintaining a productive and safe environment in New York City’s construction industry.
Reach Out to Our NYC Bone Fracture Accident Lawyers
In the bustling landscape of New York City’s construction industry, bone fracture accidents remain a concerning reality.
At Meirowitz & Wasserberg, our attorneys are ready to protect your rights and help you seek the justice you deserve. Contact us to schedule a consultation with a personal injury or wrongful death lawyer by calling 212-897-1988.
FAQs About NYC Bone Fracture Construction Accidents
New York follows a comparative negligence rule. Even if you contributed to the accident, you may still seek compensation. However, the courts may reduce the amount based on your level of responsibility.
An NYC construction accident lawyer can assess the circumstances of your case, determine the claims available to you, gather evidence, negotiate with insurance companies, file the necessary paperwork, and represent your interests in court if needed, ensuring you receive the compensation you deserve.
Our NYC Personal Injury Attorneys
AVAILABLE 24/7Get Your Free Case Review
Personal injury settlement
Slip and fall injury
Product liability injury
Premises liability injury
New York City Office
Nancy, New York (NY)