Fort Lauderdale Truck Accident Lawyer
Trucks are large, heavy vehicles notoriously difficult to drive. The slightest mistake can be catastrophic. If you have been in a crash with a semi or big rig, our Fort Lauderdale truck accident lawyers can help you pursue compensation from negligent truckers, trucking companies, and other liable parties.
- Leading Causes of Fort Lauderdale Truck Accidents
- Who is typically responsible for a commercial truck accident?
- Can I recover compensation if I’m blamed for a Florida truck accident?
- How Meirowitz & Wasserberg LLP Can Help if You Were Hurt in a Truck Accident in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Damages Available to Injured Truck Accident Victims in Fort Lauderdale
- How much is my Fort Lauderdale truck accident case worth?
- Truck Accident Victims Can Suffer Catastrophic Injuries
- We Handle All Types of Truck Accident Cases in Broward County
- Florida Truck Accident Statute of Limitations
- Contact a Trusted Fort Lauderdale Truck Accident Lawyer Today
- Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Fort Lauderdale
You could be entitled to compensation if you have recently been hurt in an auto accident involving a semi-truck, tractor-trailer, big rig, or another large truck. Make Meirowitz & Wasserberg your first call. Our Fort Lauderdale personal injury attorneys will help you stand up to powerful insurance and trucking companies and fight to get the money you deserve.
We are nationally acclaimed, award-winning Florida trial attorneys who have dedicated our careers to fighting for crash victims like you. We advocate fiercely for our clients and have won tens of millions of dollars for them in the process.
We know that this is your one opportunity to recover compensation for your medical bills, loss of income, and suffering — and our legal team is ready to help you make the most of it. Call our Fort Lauderdale truck accident law office to learn more. We offer a free consultation.
Leading Causes of Fort Lauderdale Truck Accidents
Truck accidents can be catastrophic, which is why the trucking industry is heavily regulated by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and Florida state law. Despite strict safety regulations, across the Sunshine State in 2020, hundreds of people were injured, and at least 29 were killed in accidents involving large trucks.
Common causes of truck accidents include:
- Driving too fast for road conditions
- Truck driver fatigue (often due to spending too much time behind the wheel in violation of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration hour of service regulations)
- Distracted driving
- Drug and alcohol use
- Traffic congestion
- Truck driver being unfamiliar with local roads in Fort Lauderdale
- Merging errors, particularly on I-95 on- and off-ramps
- Failure to stop
- Braking errors
- Cargo shifts due to uneven cargo loads
- Failing to look for other motorists, bicyclists, or pedestrians
- Failing to maintain a single lane
- Unsafe turns
- Driving in a truck’s blind spot
- Road construction
- Limited visibility
- Bad weather conditions
- Vehicle defects
- Vehicle malfunctions
- Negligent hiring
- Failing to perform required pre- and post-trip inspections
- Failing to perform necessary vehicle maintenance and repairs
- Failing to pull malfunctioning vehicles from the fleet of service
Our truck accident attorneys in Fort Lauderdale will carefully examine the specific circumstances of your crash to identify every possible cause. Once we know why the accident happened, we can determine who is at fault and legally responsible for your injuries.
Who is typically responsible for a commercial truck accident?
Under Florida law, liability for a big rig truck accident is shared by everyone who plays a role in the crash. Depending on the specific facts of your case, liable parties might include:
- Truck driver
- Trucking company or service
- Freight broker
- Owner of the tractor or trailer
- Truck maintenance company
- Negligent third-party motorist
- Truck manufacturer
- Property owner
- Government agency
Most often, trucking companies and their insurance companies will be liable for the consequences of a truck accident. You might not have the resources to take on these adversaries and win, but our Fort Lauderdale truck accident attorneys do.
We have gone toe-to-toe with powerful corporations for years, winning top results for injured crash victims like you in the process. Call our law office in Fort Lauderdale so you can put yourself in the best position to win your case.
Can I recover compensation if I’m blamed for a Florida truck accident?
A negligent truck driver or trucking company might be quick to blame you for a collision. When this happens, being prepared to fight back is crucial. Florida has adopted a pure comparative negligence system, meaning your take-home financial award is impacted by the degree of fault you share.
Let’s say you are involved in an accident with a tractor-trailer on I-95 in Fort Lauderdale. You suffer damages worth $500,000 and are assigned 10 percent of the blame for the collision. Once shared fault is taken into account, your financial recovery will be limited to $450,000. If you don’t stand up to shared liability claims, you could watch valuable compensation slip away.
At Meirowitz & Wasserberg LLP, we witness victim-blaming tactics all too often. Our truck accident lawyers in Fort Lauderdale will be ready to implement tried-and-true strategies to limit how much, if any, blame you are assigned.
How Meirowitz & Wasserberg LLP Can Help if You Were Hurt in a Truck Accident in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
You have just been through an unimaginable accident with a big rig or tractor-trailer. What you need right now is the time and opportunity to focus on your road to recovery and come to terms with the catastrophic consequences of your crash.
That is where Meirowitz & Wasserberg LLP can help. Our award-winning injury attorneys have the drive, passion, and experience needed to take on the powerful adversaries you will face in your truck accident injury claim.
We are known and respected litigators, with a demonstrated ability to win meaningful results for clients across the nation. Our team has secured tens of millions of dollars in settlements and judgments — including countless million- and multimillion-dollar results.
When you turn to us for legal advice, you will get the detail-oriented, client-focused legal representation you deserve from a respectful attorney-client relationship.
Your Fort Lauderdale truck accident lawyer will:
- Carefully investigate the specific facts and details surrounding your truck accident
- Conduct a thorough investigation to obtain physical evidence from the scene, including truck black box recordings, driver communications, inspection logs, maintenance records, vehicle manifests, medical records, accident reports, and other information to build and strengthen your claim for damages
- Keep you fully apprised of the progress of your claim throughout the process
- Locate and interview witnesses
- Consult with respected and knowledgeable truck accident experts and medical specialists
- Handle conversations and settlement negotiations with the insurer, trucking company, and other parties
- Provide guidance for important case-related decisions — like whether to settle or push forward to trial
Our truck accident attorneys in Fort Lauderdale are experienced and successful negotiators, but we never shy away from a showdown in court. In fact, arguing cases before a jury is where our top-rated litigators thrive. If you don’t receive a fair settlement offer, our team is more than ready to bring your case to trial.
Call our law office to learn more. Your initial case evaluation is free.
Damages Available to Injured Truck Accident Victims in Fort Lauderdale
The physical, emotional, and financial consequences of a truck accident in Broward County can be devastating. Fortunately, you are entitled to seek compensation if you were injured through little to no fault of your own. In Florida, truck accident victims can seek economic damages and noneconomic damages.
Florida is a no-fault state, so your first step will be to file a claim for personal injury protection benefits with your insurance carrier.
Personal injury protection benefits will cover 80 percent of your medical bills (up to $10,000) and 60 percent of your lost wages. If you are in a car accident involving a truck, your damages will likely exceed your personal injury protection benefits.
If your injuries are classified as severe, you can then pursue compensation through a third-party insurance claim or lawsuit, which allows you to recover damages for:
- Medical expenses
- Lost job opportunities
- Lost job benefits
- Lost income
- Nursing assistance
- Pain and suffering
- Depression and anxiety
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Loss of consortium
- Reduced quality of life
Punitive damages can also be awarded in a truck accident lawsuit, but only in cases where a defendant’s conduct was intentional or rose to a level of gross negligence.
At Meirowitz & Wasserberg LLP, our Fort Lauderdale injury lawyers will carefully examine the details of your semi-truck accident with the help of respected experts and specialists. Their insights help us better understand your case and how the crash has impacted you. The more we know about how your life has changed, the better prepared we will be to secure a meaningful result on your behalf.
How much is my Fort Lauderdale truck accident case worth?
There is no standard settlement or value for a truck accident claim. Instead, the amount of money you can recover will depend on factors and details specific to your crash and life. Important considerations include:
- Your injuries, including the types and severity
- Whether you are able to continue working
- Changes in your earning capacity
- How your life has been impacted by the trauma of being hit by a tractor-trailer
- Whether the collision has aggravated a preexisting medical condition
- Your age
- Shared responsibility for the truck accident
- Whether you will require nursing care or personal care assistance while you recover (or for life)
Choosing an experienced and respected Fort Lauderdale trial attorney can also help you maximize your financial recovery.
Our attorneys at Meirowitz & Wasserberg LLP have secured millions of dollars in life-changing compensation for truck accident victims and grieving families across the nation. You can benefit from our experience, resources, and passion by calling our law office in Fort Lauderdale today to arrange a free consultation.
Truck Accident Victims Can Suffer Catastrophic Injuries
When a car and a truck collide, the consequences can be catastrophic — particularly for occupants of smaller vehicles. Our truck accident attorneys in Fort Lauderdale represent crash victims who have sustained:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Back injury
- Neck injury
- Crushing injury
- Chest injury
- Burn injury
- Eye injury
- Hearing loss
- Soft tissue damage
- Catastrophic injury
- Wrongful death of a family member
Get to the closest hospital in Fort Lauderdale after your truck accident. Prompt medical attention helps limit the extent of trauma and reduce the risk of complications or death. Further, your medical record will document your trauma and provide proof that the crash caused your injuries, which is critical information in establishing negligence and winning compensation in a truck accident claim.
We Handle All Types of Truck Accident Cases in Broward County
Trucks are much larger than other vehicles on the road. In fact, a fully loaded tractor-trailer can span more than 70 feet and weigh upward of 80,000 pounds. These vehicles can be difficult to navigate, and a minor mishap or lapse of judgment can be devastating.
At Meirowitz & Wasserberg LLP, we represent clients who have been injured in all types of accidents involving these large commercial vehicles, including:
- Jackknife accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Underride accidents
- Truck tire blowouts
- Lost-load truck accidents
- Rollover truck accidents
- Wide-turn truck accidents
- T-bone truck accidents
- Blind spot truck accidents
- Fatal truck accidents
Don’t hesitate to reach out for assistance immediately after your truck accident in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Your initial case evaluation is free.
Florida Truck Accident Statute of Limitations
Don’t let the deadline for your truck accident case pass without taking action. Once time runs out, you lose the opportunity to assert your legal rights and demand compensation for your injuries and suffering.
Contact a Trusted Fort Lauderdale Truck Accident Lawyer Today
You don’t have to deal with the costs and consequences of a truck accident in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, on your own. You also don’t want to allow the trucking company or their insurance provider to dictate how your claim unfolds. Call Meirowitz & Wasserberg LLP so you can focus on your recuperation while ensuring that your case is in good hands.
Our Fort Lauderdale truck accident lawyers stand up against powerful corporations every day, and we are ready to help you get the outcome you deserve.
We work on contingency, so you pay no upfront costs to enlist our law firm’s help. You pay only when we win your truck accident case. Contact us for a free consultation to learn more. Our team is available to help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Fort Lauderdale
AVAILABLE 24/7Get Your Free Case Review
Personal injury settlement
Slip and fall injury
Product liability injury
Premises liability injury
Nancy, New York (NY)